Using dental implants for missing teeth
Choosing tooth replacement options that fit the patient’s needs is essential to Dr. Brian Gradinger. There are many ways for patients to replace teeth that have been lost or extracted, but each patient has a unique situation that may require a more custom-tailored recommendation. However, one of the most popular tooth replacement solutions for patients in Valencia, California, is the dental implant. This particular tooth replacement option is a highly desirable solution for those looking for a more permanent and reliable restoration after tooth loss or extraction.
What is a dental implant?
Dr. Brian Gradinger describes the dental implant as an artificial tooth root for missing teeth. They are primarily made of titanium, a metal that is used in many implants throughout the body in the field of medicine. He places the implant into the jawbone, where bone growth is stimulated–ensuring that the restoration is firmly held in place with a solid foundation. Then, the implant is restored with a natural-looking option depending on the patient’s need. That may include a dental crown, a dental bridge, or full dentures for implant-retained dentures or “full mouth dental implants.” Whether you need a single implant or complete dentures, implant restoration is tailored to your unique situation.
Are dental implants right for me?
Dental implants require our patients to have sufficient jawbone to hold the implant in place and ensure successful results. To determine this, Dr. Brian Gradinger and his team will take a series of x-rays to check the bone and determine whether or not the patient is a good fit for a dental implant. Patients without enough bone may want to consider preparing the area with bone grafting to place implants in the future or choose alternative solutions such as partial dentures, full dentures, or dental bridges to restore the smile.
Real Patients, Real Results Brian Gradinger DMD – Before and After Images of Patients
Do you have questions about dental implants?
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Brian Gradinger and his team in Valencia, CA, to discuss your needs and determine if you are a proper candidate for dental implants. The office is located at 23838 Valencia Boulevard, Suite #301, and is open to new and returning patients who call for a visit at (661) 450-6650.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.
2 dental implants + crowns
- Patient is a 21 year old female who had congenitally missing teeth (born without)
- Patient requested to both stabilize her front teeth and get a NEW SMILE!
- After wearing retainers with temporary teeth on them her whole life she was ready to have a permanent solution that she didn’t have to remove every time she ate food!
- She was happy with her smile, so we took the conservative approach and only added two dental implant crowns
13 Porcelain Crowns and 1 Porcelain Implant Crown
- Patient has history of severe clenching, grinding and acid erosion
- After restoring all areas of decay over the past few years it was time for her to get a NEW SMILE!
- After years of severe grinding and attrition, the patient had a collapsed bite, meaning her top and bottom teeth had become shorter and closer together.
- Our patient’s excessive grinding even resulted in one tooth cracking so severely that we had to remove the tooth and replace it with a dental implant.
- To stabilize the patient’s teeth and jaw for the long term we recommended that we open her bite back to its original position prior to the grinding.
- To accomplish this, we recommended new crowns on all of her top teeth including one implant crown.
3 Veneers and 1 Dental Implant Crown
- Patient had been in an accident and lost his front right canine and additionally wanted to lighten the color of his front two teeth and straighten his smile
- Patient requested to both stabilize his front teeth and get a NEW SMILE!
- We recommended he receive 3 veneers and 1 dental implant crown
- Patient was thrilled to have his smile back!